6 great ways to be confident. ‘’ Confidence has a common meaning of a certainty about handling something, such as work, family, social events, or relationships.’’ according to WIKIPEDIA. Being confident is having faith in yourself in any situation. Confidence is a very sought-after quality that allows you to express yourself with poise, insurance, and above all to believe in yourself.
Lack of Confidence could be a significant limiting factor of self-development, of expression, and can make people feel incapable, not able to enjoy their life to the fullest.
1 POSITIVE THINKING Positive thinking is the first step to having some confidence. Start thinking positively will stop any negative thoughts. Negative thoughts are where self-doubt takes place, and self-doubt is fundamentally opposite to Confidence. So, having positive thinking is a requirement if you want to sound and look confident.
2. STOP BEING SHY Shyness can hold people back. It prevents people from expressing themselves; shy people tend to withdraw themselves; they tend to avoid social interactions and avoid usually speak up. for themselves and always taking up the back seat.
Often, shy people do not dare to take risks and accomplish great things publicly, even if they have great ideas. you will do yourself an excellent service by learning to be confident if you are shy. So, avoid shyness at all costs.
3. PHYSICAL APPEARANCE Sometimes, to feel confident, you have to appear confident. A nice outfit, a nice pair of shoes, neat hair, and nails beautifully done can high rocket someone’s confidence.
A physical appearance is a form of communication, non-verbal communication. Make it a habit of standing straight, and tall, and keep eye contact when communicating; so, an excellent physical appearance would always help.
4. CONQUER YOUR FEARS Make a list of all the things you are scared of, the things that intimidate you and are afraid of. Enumerate all those things. Make a plan on how you are going to eliminate them, one at a time.
Instead of avoiding them, face them head-on. Most common things people are afraid of included public speaking, critics, and failures… as the saying a problem known is a problem half solved.
5. INTERACT MORE WITH PEOPLE Interacting with other people will massively help, assuming they are not bullies; if they do, they will make the matter worse, making you feel down instead of lifting your spirit.
Surround yourself with positive-minded people who will help you to express yourself, give you choices, and would encourage you in all your ventures, above prompt you to stand up, go forward. Do not always wait for people to first come to you; you can as well initiate the first contact with them. Show interest in people around you, asked questions, to engage with them.
6. INVEST IN SOME SELF-DEVELOPMENT
Educate yourself. Invest in yourself. You can do so by furthering your education at school or home, by reading; or by attending some training. Endless free or paid resources are available out there.
There are many possibilities for someone willing to invest in their self-development out there, and most of those are for free. You are more confident if you are more educated and you know what you are talking about.
Ways to be confident include positive thinking; stopping being shy; physical appearance; conquering your fears; interacting more with people; invest in some self-development. Do you know other ways? Please share in the comment box.